Irvine, CA 92688 US
We are looking to hire a Phlebotomy Technician to join our team in providing excellent patient care to our client’s patients. This position will be responsible for collecting, receiving, processing, and distributing laboratory specimens.
- Performing patient phlebotomy and communicating tests results.
- Demonstrating thorough understanding of various phlebotomy techniques.
- Maintaining aseptic techniques when collecting specimens and using appropriate technique when drawing blood.
- Labeling specimen immediately after completion of the procedure.
- Disposing used needles and supplies in suitable containers.
- Maintaining appropriate equipment and supply levels.
- Familiar with the use of specialized equipment, patient identification and labeling requirements, lab safety, and computer functions related to the collection of specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year minimum of phlebotomy work experience is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- California Certificate of Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) is required.
- Current BLS certification is required.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of various phlebotomy techniques.
- Technical knowledge of lab procedures, functions, and processes
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a Recruiter, Jennifer works on placing Administrative and Customer Service positions. Jennifer graduated from San Jose State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Prior to working with Marquee Staffing, Jennifer worked in the education field for eight years. She worked with and taught elementary school students. Jennifer decided to pivot into recruiting because she is passionate about helping others find their next role or career move.
Outside of work, Jennifer enjoys exploring the outdoors with her dog, cooking new recipes, and going to Disneyland with her family.